Your smile is your big personality asset, and with a little extra attention and care, you can definitely ensure better dental hygiene. In this post, we have 7 tips that will come handy for oral care, no matter your age and other factors.
- Don’t skip the dentist’s appointment. You need to see your dentist at least once in every six months, just for regular checkup. If there’s any possible issue of decay or cavity, treatment can start before further damage.
- Skip your beverages. Avoid tea, coffee, sodas and all sorts aerated and sugary drinks. Also, you need to skip both red and white wine, especially if you are concerned about staining. Remember an easy – no sugar equals better teeth!
- Avoid chocolates. Now, this is the classic rule that we have been hearing since a young age. Chocolates and sweets can cause tooth decay, and if not checked in time, you might need the painful process of root canal treatment.
- Be careful of acidic foods. Acidic foods, such as lime and orange, can damage the tooth enamel. These fruits are usually packed with all the good things, but these also cause a lot of additional issues. Every time you have an orange, do rinse your mouth well with a mouthwash. You can see this article to know more.
- Follow the golden habit of brushing and flossing. There’s no way you can skip these two things for oral care. You need to brush your teeth at least twice daily, and must floss once every day.
- Choose the right toothpaste. You dentist might have a few suggestions when it comes to toothpaste. Make sure that you check the ingredient list before buying.
- Use a mouthwash. While this might not seem like an important thing, but using a mouthwash can help in killing bacteria that can cause tooth decay. Choose a formula that doesn’t contain alcohol and rinse your mouth after every meal, especially when you cannot brush.
Lastly, it is important to keep a check on signs of tooth decay. If you have unexpected sensitivity in your teeth and gums, consult a dentist at the earliest. People, who are prone to teeth problems, should visit a dentist at least once in every three months, and make sure that you do not delay your treatment, as required. For a better smile, you can talk to your dentist about the best whitening treatments that may work for your expectations.